Using Jetpack on Managed WordPress
This article discusses the Jetpack plugin on Managed WordPress. Installed on millions of WordPress sites, Jetpack is a popular plugin created and maintained by Automattic, the same company behind WordPress.com.
The information in this article applies to cPanel-based Managed WordPress hosting accounts. If your Managed WordPress account uses Plesk, please see this article
Jetpack is installed automatically on all new accounts, so you do not need to do anything extra. When you log in to your WordPress site, Jetpack is ready to be configured.
Jetpack is a multi-purpose plugin that can manage backups, help secure your site, and more. The list of available features depends on the Managed WordPress hosting plan that you have:
This plan includes a free Jetpack license with the following features:
- Site speed score and 1-click optimizations: Site speed affects SEO rankings and visitor experience. Jetpack boosts your site's performance and web vitals scores for better keyword rankings with simple 1-click performance optimizations.
- Lazy loading images: This feature improves site performance by automatically delaying the loading of media on posts and pages until visitors scroll down to where the media actually appears on the page.
- CSS structure optimization: This feature optimizes page styles to boost site speed, particularly for mobile visitors.
- Brute-force protection: This feature helps keep your site safe by blocking unwanted login attempts from malicious botnets and distributed attacks.
- Automated spam filtering: This feature protects your site from being bombarded with spam content.
- Website statistics: Jetpack provides clear and concise statistics about your visitors and traffic, so you can make actionable decisions to improve your site.
- Activity log: Jetpack logs site activity, including login attempts, published and updated posts, comment submissions, plugin installations, and more.
- SEO tools: Jetpack enables you to easily customize your site's meta titles and descriptions to help maximize search engine traffic.
- Social media posting: With Jetpack, you can share your content and publish social media posts directly within WordPress.
This plan includes all of the features in the Run package, as well as a Backup Daily license. Backup Daily provides automated, daily backups to a secure offsite location.
Fly and Sell plans
These two plans include all of the features in the Run and Jump plans, as well as a Security Daily license. Security Daily helps improve site security with features such as comment form protection, automated daily malware scanning and Site Accelerator.
For more information about Jetpack, please visit https://jetpack.com and https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack.