How to install Mantis using the A2 QuickInstaller
This article describes how to use the A2 QuickInstaller to install Mantis Bug Tracker (also known as MantisBT).
The A2 QuickInstaller is no longer supported, and is only available on older VPS hosting packages. On newer VPS hosting packages, you can use Webuzo
to quickly and easily install a wide range of applications and manage your server.
To check if the A2 QuickInstaller supports this application for your Linux distribution, please see this article
When you install Mantis, the A2 QuickInstaller also installs a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) stack on your server.
Installing Mantis Bug Tracker
To install Mantis Bug Tracker, follow these steps:
- Use SSH to log in to your system as the root user.
To use the A2 QuickInstaller, you must log in as the root user using SSH. You cannot use the serial console in the VPS Control Panel to run the A2 QuickInstaller.
- To start the A2 QuickInstaller, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Under Application Installers, type the option number for Bug Tracking, and then press ENTER.
- On the Bug Tracking Menu, type the option number for Mantis, and then press ENTER. The A2 QuickInstaller updates your system, and then begins the installation process.
The installation process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- At the Please enter Mantis Database Name prompt, type the database name and then press ENTER.
- At the Please enter Mantis Database User prompt, type the database username and then press ENTER.
- At the Please enter Mantis Database Password prompt, type the database password and then press ENTER.
- When installation is complete, the A2 QuickInstaller provides configuration information about the Mantis installation.
Testing and configuring Mantis Bug Tracker
To test and configure Mantis, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the following URL, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your server's IP address:
The Mantis Pre-Installation Check page appears.
- Under Installation Options, make sure that the Type of Database is set to MySQL, and the Hostname (for Database Server) text box value is localhost.
- In the Username (for Database) text box, type the username that you used in step 6 of the previous procedure.
- In the Password (for Database) text box, type the password that you used in step 7 of the previous procedure.
- In the Database name (for Database) text box, type the database name that you used in step 5 of the previous procedure.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the username that you used in step 6 of the previous procedure.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the password that you used in step 7 of the previous procedure.
- Make sure that the Print SQL Queries instead of Writing to the Database check box is cleared.
. Mantis creates the database tables.
- On the Check and Install Database page, all fields should indicate GOOD, and Install was successful should appear at the bottom of the page.
- Click Continue to view the login page.
- At the login page, type administrator in the Username text box.
- In the Password text box, type root.
. The administration page appears. You can now configure Mantis users, projects, and more.
You used the default administrator account to log in. You should immediately create a new administrator-level account, and disable or delete the default administrator account.
To view the online manual for Mantis Bug Tracker, please visit http://www.mantisbt.org/manual.