How to install Redmine using the A2 QuickInstaller
This article describes how to use the A2 QuickInstaller to install Redmine.
The A2 QuickInstaller is no longer supported, and is only available on older VPS hosting packages. On newer VPS hosting packages, you can use Webuzo
to quickly and easily install a wide range of applications and manage your server.
To check if the A2 QuickInstaller supports this application for your Linux distribution, please see this article
Redmine requires at least 1 GB of RAM. If your VPS has only 512 MB of RAM, you must upgrade the amount of RAM before you can install Redmine.
To install Redmine, follow these steps:
- Use SSH to log in to your system as the root user.
To use the A2 QuickInstaller, you must log in as the root user using SSH. You cannot use the serial console in the VPS Control Panel to run the A2 QuickInstaller.
- To start the A2 QuickInstaller, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Under Application Installers, type the option number for Bug Tracking, and then press ENTER.
- On the Bug Tracking Menu, type the option number for Redmine, and then press ENTER. The A2 QuickInstaller updates your system, and then begins the installation process.
The installation process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- When installation is complete, the A2 QuickInstaller provides configuration information about the Redmine installation.
Testing the Redmine installation
To verify that Redmine installed correctly, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the following URL, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your server's IP address:
The login page appears.
- In the Login text box, type admin.
- In the Password text box, type admin.
. The main Redmine page appears.
For more information about Redmine, please visit http://www.redmine.org.