How to install PrestaShop using the A2 QuickInstaller
This article describes how to use the A2 QuickInstaller to install the PrestaShop e-commerce platform on your server.
The A2 QuickInstaller is no longer supported, and is only available on older VPS hosting packages. On newer VPS hosting packages, you can use Webuzo
to quickly and easily install a wide range of applications and manage your server.
To check if the A2 QuickInstaller supports this application for your Linux distribution, please see this article
To install PrestaShop, follow these steps:
- Use SSH to log in to your system as the root user.
To use the A2 QuickInstaller, you must log in as the root user using SSH. You cannot use the serial console in the VPS Control Panel to run the A2 QuickInstaller.
- To start the A2 QuickInstaller, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Under Application Installers, type the option number for Miscellaneous, and then press ENTER.
- On the Miscellaneous Menu, type the option number for PrestaShop, and then press ENTER. The A2 QuickInstaller updates your server, and then begins the installation process.
The installation process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- When installation is complete, the A2 QuickInstaller provides configuration information about the PrestaShop installation.
Testing and configuring the PrestaShop installation
To test and configure the PrestaShop installation, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the following URL, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your server's IP address:
The PrestaShop welcome page appears.
- Select a language for the installer to use, review the license agreement, and then click
- Review the System Compatibility page, and then click . The System Configuration page appears.
- The PrestaShop installer fills in most of the database settings automatically. In the Database password text box, type the password that the A2 QuickInstaller provided at the end of the installation process, and then click
- If you receive a Database is connected message, click . Otherwise, make sure that you entered the correct database settings, and then try again.
- On the Shop Configuration page, type the shop name in the Shop name text box.
- Fill in the rest of the fields with the appropriate information for your organization, and then click
. The PrestaShop installer creates database tables and configures other settings.
- After installation is complete, for security reasons you should delete the PrestaShop installation folder. To do this, type the following command at the command line:
rm -rf /var/www/html/prestashop/install/
- To log in to PrestaShop, use the URL that the A2 QuickInstaller provided at the end of the installation process.
To view the online documentation for PrestaShop, please visit http://doc.prestashop.com.