How to install Subversion using the A2 QuickInstaller
This article describes how to use the A2 QuickInstaller to install the Subversion version control system. Subversion is also known as SVN.
The A2 QuickInstaller is no longer supported, and is only available on older VPS hosting packages. On newer VPS hosting packages, you can use Webuzo
to quickly and easily install a wide range of applications and manage your server.
To check if the A2 QuickInstaller supports this application for your Linux distribution, please see this article
To install Subversion, follow these steps:
- Use SSH to log in to your system as the root user.
To use the A2 QuickInstaller, you must log in as the root user using SSH. You cannot use the serial console in the VPS Control Panel to run the A2 QuickInstaller.
- To start the A2 QuickInstaller, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Under Application Installers, type the option number for Version Control, and then press ENTER.
- On the Version Control Menu, type the option number for Subversion, and then press ENTER. The A2 QuickInstaller updates your system, and then begins the installation process.
The installation process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- The A2 QuickInstaller notifies you when installation is complete.
To view the online documentation for Subversion, please visit http://subversion.apache.org/docs.