How to redirect users to SSL connections in Plesk
This article demonstrates how to redirect users to secure (https://) web site connections, even if they type a non-secure URL (http://) in their web browser.
This article assumes that you already have a valid, functioning SSL certificate on your web site.
Redirecting users to SSL-enabled connections
You may want to ensure that visitors to your web site always use a secure connection. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to Plesk.
If you do not know how to log in to your Plesk account, please see this article
- Do one of the following steps based on your account type:
- For shared hosting accounts, in the left sidebar, click Websites & Domains:
- For VPS and reseller hosting accounts, in the left sidebar, under Hosting Services, click Domains:
On the Domains page, click the name of the domain you want to manage.
- Locate the domain you want to configure, and then click Hosting Settings:
Under Security, select the SSL/TLS support and Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS check boxes:
- In the Certificate list box, select the SSL certificate that you want to use for the site.
. Your site now uses a secure connection for all web page requests.
For more information about Plesk, please visit https://www.plesk.com.