Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
This article describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio with your Windows Hosting account.
Creating a Microsoft SQL Server Account
Before you can use SQL Server Management Studio, you must first create a SQL Server account in Plesk. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to Plesk.
If you do not know how to log in to your Plesk account, please see this article
- In the left sidebar, click Databases.
- In the right sidebar, click User Management:
On the Database Users page, click :
- On the Adding Database User page, in the Database server list box, select the SQL cluster server for your account:
The following table lists all of the SQL cluster servers currently in use:
||Server IP address
- In the Database user name text box, type a username.
In the New password and Confirm password text boxes, type a password for the new user.
Alternatively, you can click and Plesk generates a random, strong password for you. (Make sure you click so you can see what the password is!)
- In the Database list box, select Any.
Accessing your Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio account
After you create a Microsoft SQL Server account in Plesk, you are ready to connect to it using SQL Server Management Studio. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- On the Connect to Server dialog box appears:
menu, click . The
- In the Server type list box, select Database Engine.
- In the Server name text box, type the name of the SQL cluster server for your account.
- In the Authentication list box, select SQL Server Authentication.
- In the Login text box, type the Microsoft SQL Server username you created in the previous procedure.
In the Password text box, type the password for the Microsoft SQL Server username you created in the previous procedure.
If you do not want to re-type the password every time you connect to the server, select the Remember password check box.
- Click . After a few seconds SQL Server Management Studio connects to the server.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to Databases to expand the view, and then click the plus (+) sign next to your username to view the objects in your account.
For more information about Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, please visit https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh213248.aspx.