How to activate an SSL certificate as an eNom reseller
This article discusses how to activate an SSL certificate that you purchase from eNom as a reseller.
As an eNom domain and SSL reseller, you can sell domain names and SSL certificates to your customers directly from your web site. When you order an SSL certificate from eNom, you receive a receipt at your A2 Hosting account with instructions to activate the SSL certificate.
However, when you purchase an SSL certificate from eNom, you must first initiate the setup process through your eNom account. To do this, follow these steps:
- In cPanel, generate a private key and certificate signing request (CSR) for the certificate.
For information about how to do this, please see this article
- Copy the entire text of the CSR.
- Log in to your eNom account.
- Under Security, click SSL certificates.
- Click the certificate you want to activate, and then paste the CSR text that you copied in step 2 into the text box.
- At the bottom of the page, click
. eNom sends the information to GeoTrust for processing.
GeoTrust sends you an e-mail message after the certificate is generated and ready for approval.
For more information about SSL certificates purchased through eNom, please visit https://www.enomcentral.com/secure/ssl-certificates-faqs.aspx.
- Domain and SSL reseller
If you have a reseller, managed VPS, or managed dedicated server account, you can become a eNom domain and eNom SSL reseller. Learn how here.