How to change your cPanel password
This article describes how to change your cPanel password. This password enables you to log in to cPanel, MySQL, SSH, and your primary FTP account. You should change the password when you first set up your web site, and then periodically afterwards.
It is very important to protect your password. To ensure the best security for your account, choose strong passwords, and change them frequently.
If you forget your cPanel password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to reset it. For information about how to do this, please see this article
Changing your cPanel password
To change your cPanel password, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel. For information about how to do this, please see this article.
- In the Preferences section of the cPanel home screen, click Change Password.
- In the Old Password text box, type your current password.
- In the New Password text box, type the new password that you want.
- In the New Password (again) text box, retype the new password.
You can click
and cPanel generates a random, strong password for you.
- Select the Allow MySQL password change check box to change your MySQL password as well.
The new password takes effect immediately.