How to order a managed Dedicated Server
This article shows how to order a managed Dedicated Server from A2 Hosting. With a managed Dedicated Server, you have the convenient cPanel interface for administering your site, combined with the enhanced security and stability of a dedicated environment.
Ordering a managed Dedicated Server
To order a managed Dedicated Server from A2 Hosting, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, go to https://www.a2hosting.com/.
- On the top banner, click Hosting, and then click Dedicated Hosting.
- Select the package that you want.
- Select a domain option:
- To use an existing domain name that you already own, click Use my own domain.
- To register a new domain name with A2 Hosting, click Register a new domain.
- To transfer your domain from another registrar, click Transfer your domain to A2 Hosting and manage it all in one place.
- The Configure page appears. In the Billing Cycle list box, select the billing cycle that you want.
Under Customize Your Hosting, there are many configurable options depending on the server type and location. Customize your order with the options that are right for you:
- Access Level: Select standard or root level access.
- RAM Options: Select how much RAM you want for the server.
- Secondary Drives: Select any additional storage you want for the server.
- Local Backup Drives: Select any backup drives you want for the server.
- A2 Hosting Cloud Backup: Select the amount of storage for A2 Hosting's Cloud Backup service.
- cPanel + Cloudlinux + Imunify360
- Extra IP Address: Select the number of additional IP addresses you want for the server.
- Turbo + LiteSpeed Cache + LiteMage For Magento
- Under Additional Options, in the cPanel Username text box, type a username. You will use this username to log in to cPanel.
In the cPanel Password text box, type a password for the cPanel user. You will use this password to log in to cPanel.
Alternatively, click Generate Password to automatically generate a random, strong password.
- In the Auto-Install Application list box, you can select an application for automatic installation on the server. Otherwise, leave the Auto-Install Application option set to None.
- Click Continue. The Review & Checkout page appears.
- Click Checkout. The Checkout page appears. If you have an A2 Hosting account and are logged in, the personal and billing information appears automatically. Otherwise, complete the fields.
- Under Payment Details, select the payment method that you want to use.
- Select the I have read and agree to the Terms of Service check box.
- Click Complete Order. After the order is processed, you receive an e-mail message from A2 Hosting that contains further instructions about how to set up and access your new Dedicated Server.