How to order an unmanaged Dedicated Server
This article shows how to order an unmanaged Dedicated Server from A2 Hosting. With an unmanaged Dedicated Server, you have complete control over the server configuration, combined with the enhanced security and stability of a dedicated environment.
Ordering an unmanaged Dedicated Server
To order an unmanaged Dedicated Server from A2 Hosting, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, go to https://www.a2hosting.com/.
- On the top banner, click Hosting, and then click Dedicated Hosting.
- Click UNMANAGED DEDICATED HOSTING, and then select the package that you want.
- Select a domain option:
- To use an existing domain name that you already own, click Use my own domain.
- To register a new domain name with A2 Hosting, click Register a new domain.
- To transfer your domain from another registrar, click Transfer your domain to A2 Hosting and manage it all in one place.
- The Configure page appears. In the Billing Cycle list box, select the billing cycle that you want.
- Under Upgrade Your Hosting, select if you want to add an SSL certificate or Turbo.
Under Configure Server, type the root password you want to use.
Alternatively, click Generate Password to automatically generate a random, strong password for your server.
Under Customize Your Hosting, select the following options for your server:
- RAM Options
- Use Webuzo
- Operating System
- Secondary Drives
- Local Backup Drives
- Extra IP Address
- If you chose to use Webuzo, the Additional Options section asks you to choose a username and password for Webuzo.
- Click Continue. The Review & Checkout page appears.
- Click Checkout. The Checkout page appears. If you have an A2 Hosting account and are logged in, the personal and billing information appears automatically. Otherwise, complete the fields.
- Under Payment Details, select the payment method that you want to use.
- Select the I have read and agree to the Terms of Service check box.
- Click Complete Order. After the order is processed, you receive an e-mail message from A2 Hosting that contains further instructions about how to set up and access your new Dedicated Server.