This article describes how to publish a web site created in Adobe Dreamweaver to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using Dreamweaver, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
After you create a web site in Dreamweaver, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Dreamweaver and open your web site project.
- Click the Connect to Remote Server icon:
In the Site Setup dialog box, click the Add new server icon:
In the Server Name text box, type a descriptive name for the server, which can be anything you want:
- In the Connect using list box, select SFTP.
In the SFTP Address text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In In the Port text box, type 7822.
In the Username text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
If you do not want to retype your password every time you connect to your account, select the Save check box.
- Click Dreamweaver connected to your Web server successfully message, click . If you receive an error message, click , verify the settings you provided in steps 4 to 9, and then try again.. When you receive a
In the Root Directory text box, type /home/username/public_html, where username represents your account (cPanel) username.
The /home/username/public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- In the Web URL text box, type http://www.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name.
- Click , and then click again.
When Dreamweaver prompts you to recreate the cache, click :
To connect to your A2 Hosting account, click the Connect to Remote Server icon:
After Dreamweaver connects to your account, click the Synchronize with Remote Server icon:
In the Synchronize with Remote Server dialog box, in the Synchronize list box, select Entire 'sitename' Site, where sitename represents your project's name:
- In the Direction list box, select Put newer files to remote.
- Click .
- Review the list of files to upload, and then click .
- After Dreamweaver uploads the files to your A2 Hosting account, you can view them in any web browser.