How to publish your web site with Freeway
This article describes how to publish a web site created in Softpress Freeway to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using Freeway, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
Publishing a Freeway web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in Softpress Freeway, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Freeway.
- On the Upload dialog box appears.
menu, click . The
- In the Upload list box, select SFTP (SSH File Transfer).
- In the Server text box, type your site's domain name (for example, example.com).
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the Port text box, type 7822.
- In the Directory text box, type /home/username/public_html, where username represents your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the User name text box, type the same account username you used in step 6.
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
- In the Web Address text box, you can optionally type your web site's address.
By default this field is blank, and you can leave it blank if you want. However, some Freeway actions (such as the Site Mapper action) require the web site URL. If you specifed a web address in the Document Setup dialog box's Upload field, it appears here also. Usually, the web address is http://www.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name.
. When Freeway is done uploading your site, you can view it in any web browser.
For more information about Freeway, please visit http://www.softpress.com/freeway-pro.