How to publish your web site with HTML-Kit
This article describes how to publish a web site created in HTML-Kit to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using HTML-Kit, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server. For general information about how to use HTML-Kit to create a web site, please visit http://www.htmlkit.com
How to publish a website with HTML-Kit on an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in HTML-Kit, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start HTML-Kit, and then open your web files or project.
- On the Add FTP Server dialog box appears.
menu, click , and then click . The
- On the FTP Properties tab, in the Server address text box, type your domain name. For example, type example.com.
- Confirm that the Port text box value is set to 21.
- In the Login user name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
To save the account password for subsequent logins, select the Remember password check box. With this option selected, you do not have to retype the password every time you access the FTP account.
- In the Display name text box, type a name to identify the FTP connection. For example, you could type [email protected], where username represents your own username and example.com represents your domain name.
- Open an FTP connection to the web server. To do this, in the Files tab, right-click the FTP server connection that you just created, and then click . If the login is successful, the Files tab shows the current files on the web server.
To view a subdirectory, double-click the folder name or click the + icon.
- To upload files to your web site, right-click the destination directory in the Files tab, and then click .
To make your web pages visible to the public, the pages must be in the public_html directory or a subdirectory beneath it.
- In the Select file(s) to upload dialog box, select the file or files that you want to upload to the web server, and then click Open.
To select multiple files, press and hold the Ctrl key while you click to select files.
- HTML-Kit transfers the selected file or files to the specified destination directory. You can now view the web page in your web browser.
For more information about HTML-Kit, please visit http://www.htmlkit.com.