How to publish your web site with PageBreeze
This article describes how to publish a web site created in the PageBreeze HTML Editor to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using PageBreeze, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server. Additionally, to use the FTP publishing feature in PageBreeze, you must have the Professional version.
Publishing a PageBreeze web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in PageBreeze, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start PageBreeze and open your web site project.
- Click the Publish (FTP) tab.
- Under FTP Connection, in the FTP Host (yoursite.com) text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the User Name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
- In the Starting Directory (Optional) text box, type /home/username/public_html, where username represents your account (cPanel) username.
The /home/username/public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- If you want to save this connection configuration for future use, in the Connection Name (Optional) text box, type a name for the connection, and then click .
. PageBreeze connects to your A2 Hosting account.
- Under Publish, select what you want to upload:
- To upload a single file, select the file in the File Manager pane, and then click Selected File Only.
- To upload all HTML files, select All HTML files in local directory.
- To upload all graphic files, select All graphic files in local directory.
- To upload all files, select ALL files in local directory.
. PageBreeze uploads the files to your A2 Hosting account. After the file transfer is complete, you can view your web site files in any web browser.
For more information about PageBreeze, please visit http://www.pagebreeze.com.