How to publish your web site with RapidWeaver
This article describes how to publish a web site created in RapidWeaver to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using RapidWeaver, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
Publishing a RapidWeaver web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in RapidWeaver, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start RapidWeaver and open your web site project.
- In the top right of the project window, click Publishing Setup.
- In the Other Methods list box, select Configure Manually.
- Next to Untitled Destination, click Edit, and then type a descriptive name, such as A2 Hosting website.
- In the Publishing Method list box, select SFTP.
- In the Server text box, type your domain name, followed by :7822. For example, if your domain name is example.com, type example.com:7822.
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the Username text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
- In the Path text box, type public_html.
The public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- In the Website Address text box, type https:// followed by your domain name. For example, if your domain name is example.com, type https://example.com/.
- Click Connection Test Successful message, click .
. When you receive a
If you receive a Couldn't sign in to your SFTP server message instead, verify the settings you provided in steps 5 to 10, and then try again.
- You are now ready to publish your site. In the top right of the project window, click Publish. RapidWeaver transfers the files to your A2 Hosting account.
- When the Publishing Complete message appears, click . Alternatively, click Visit Website to view your site in a web browser.
For more information about RapidWeaver, please visit http://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver.