How to publish your web site with RapidWeaver
This article describes how to publish a web site created in RapidWeaver to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using RapidWeaver, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
Publishing a RapidWeaver web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in RapidWeaver, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start RapidWeaver and open your web site project.
- Click the Publish icon. The FTP dialog box appears.
- In the Server text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the User Name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
- In the Path text box, type public_html.
The public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- When you receive a Connection Test Successful message, click . If you do not receive this message, verify the settings you provided in steps 3 to 5, and then try again.
. RapidWeaver uploads the files to your A2 Hosting account.
- When the Finished publishing message appears, click . You can view your web site files in any web browser.
If you need to change any of the publishing settings in the future, click the
menu, and then click .
For more information about RapidWeaver, please visit http://realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver.