Seamonkey | How To Publish Website With Seamonkey Instructions
This article describes how to publish web pages created in Mozilla SeaMonkey to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created at least one web page using SeaMonkey, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
Publishing a SeaMonkey web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web page in SeaMonkey, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SeaMonkey.
- On the
menu, click .
- Open or create the page that you want to publish.
- On the
menu, click .
Alternatively, you can click the Publish icon in the toolbar.
- On the Settings tab, in the Site Name text box, type a descriptive name for the web site.
- In the Publishing address text box, type ftp://ftp.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name.
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the HTTP address of your homepage text box, type http://www.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name.
- In the User name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
If you do not want to retype your password every time you connect to your account, select the Save Password check box.
- Click the Publish tab.
- In the Page Title text box, you can change the page title. The page title appears in the title bar of users' browsers when they view the page.
- In the Filename text box, you can change the filename. The filename is part of the URL (for example, if you specify the filename as mypage.html, the URL would be http://www.example.com/mypage.html).
- In the Site subdirectory for this page text box, type public_html.
The public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- To include image files and other supporting files for the web page, select the Include images and other files check box.
. After SeaMonkey uploads the files to your A2 Hosting account, you can view the page in any web browser.
For more information about Mozilla SeaMonkey, please visit http://www.seamonkey-project.org.