How to publish your web site with Web Architect
This article describes how to publish a web site created in Web Architect to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using Web Architect, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
Publishing a Web Architect web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in Web Architect, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Web Architect and open your web site project.
- On the top menu bar, click Manage Connection Profiles dialog box appears.
, and then click . The
- Under Select connection profile, select Default Profile, or if you want to create a new profile, click the green + icon.
- Under Profile settings, in the Host name text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
If you have not set up your domain to point to A2 Hosting's name servers yet, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account instead. For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the Protocol list box, select SFTP (SSH).
- In the Port text box, type 7822.
- In the User name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- Confirm that the Authentication check box is selected.
- In the Start directory text box, type /home/username/public_html/, where username represents your account (cPanel) username. Make sure the path starts and ends with a forward slash (/).
The /home/username/public_html/ path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- If you do not want to retype your password every time you connect to your account, select the Save password check box, click to clear the security warning, and then type your password in the text box.
- Click Save password option, type your password, and then click .
. If you did not enable the
- When you receive a Connection successfully established message, click . If you do not receive this message, verify the settings you provided in steps 4 to 9, and then try again.
- Click Save password option, type your password, and then click . Web Architect uploads the files to your A2 Hosting account.
. If you did not enable the
- When the Success: Publishing completed! message appears, you can view your web site files in any web browser.
For more information about Web Architect, please visit http://www.mirabyte.com/en/products/webarchitect.