How to publish your Professional website with WebSite X5?
This article describes how to publish your web site developed with WebSite X5 to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using WebSite X5, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server. For general information about how to use WebSite X5 to create a web site, please visit http://www.websitex5.com/
Ordering a year of free web hosting from A2 Hosting
As a WebSite X5 customer, you can order a year of free web hosting from A2 Hosting. For information about how to do this, please watch the following video:
Publishing a WebSite X5 web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in WebSite X5, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. For information about how to do this, please watch the following video:
For step-by-step instructions about how publish a WebSite X5 site to an A2 Hosting server, follow these steps:
- In WebSite X5, click Analyse and Export:
Click Upload the WebSite to Internet:
The Website Export to Internet page appears:
- Under Session Profile, in the Server Type list box, select SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol.
In the FTP Address text box, type the name of the A2 Hosting server where your account is located.
For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the Username text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- If you want WebSite X5 to remember your password, select the Save password check box.
- Under Optional parameters, in the Destination folder text box, type public_html.
- In the Port text box, type 7822.
- Under Upload Mode, confirm that Upload all WebSite files to the Internet is selected.
- Click . WebSite X5 connects to your account.
On the WebSite Export to Internet page, confirm that the Path is set to public_html:
Click Start. WebSite X5 begins uploading your files to the web server.
If you receive a message about overwriting files, click .
When WebSite X5 finishes publishing your web site to the A2 Hosting server, visitors on the Internet can view it in their web browsers. To view your live website, click Your Website is online!
For more information about WebSite X5, please visit http://www.websitex5.com.