How to install Ghost themes
This article describes how to install a theme on your Ghost site. Themes enable you to customize your web site's appearance.
Installing a Ghost theme
To install a Ghost theme, follow these steps:
- Download the .zip file for the theme you want to use. Ghost themes are available at http://marketplace.ghost.org.
- Log in to your site using FTP.
- Navigate to the public_html/content/themes directory, and then upload the .zip file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Log in to your site using SSH.
- Type the following command:
Type the following command, replacing filename.zip with the name of the file you uploaded in step 3:
- Restart Ghost. For step-by-step instructions about how to restart Ghost, please see this article.
- After Ghost restarts, log in to Ghost as the administrator.
- On the top menu bar, click Settings.
- Under General, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- In the Theme list box, the new theme should appear. Select the theme, and then click .
- Visit your site's home page. It should load using the new theme.
- Restarting Ghost
Some changes to the Ghost blogging platform, such as new theme installations, require a restart. Learn how to do this here.
- Adding CAPTCHA protection to a Ghost site
CAPTCHA protection helps secure your Ghost site, and reduces the amount of spamming by bots and other malicious actors. Learn how to add CAPTCHAs to your site here.