How to migrate WordPress content to Ghost
If you want to make the switch from WordPress to Ghost, you can migrate your existing WordPress content. To do this, follow the procedures below.
Ghost only imports the content. Comments and images are not imported.
Exporting WordPress content
To export the WordPress content into a file, follow these steps:
- Log in to the WordPress site as the administrator.
- In the left pane, click Plugins.
- In the Search Plugins text box, type ghost, and then press Enter.
- Locate Ghost, and then click Install Now.
- After WordPress finishes installing the plugin, click Activate Plugin.
- In the left pane, click Tools, and then click Export to Ghost.
- Click .json file on your local computer.
, and then save the
Importing WordPress content into Ghost
To import the WordPress content into Ghost, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Ghost site as the administrator.
- In the left pane under SETTINGS, click Labs.
- Under Import, click , and then select the .json file on your local computer that you downloaded in the previous procedure.
. Ghost imports the WordPress content.
Make sure you review the imported WordPress content to ensure it looks correct in Ghost. You may have to do some minor editing.
For more information about the Ghost export plugin in WordPress, please visit https://wordpress.org/plugins/ghost.
- Ghost basics
You’ve decided to start blogging, and you want to use Ghost, the upstart new kid on the blogging block. This article provides all you need to get a site up and running with Ghost.
- Installing Ghost themes
Ghost themes enable you to customize your web site’s appearance. Learn how to install themes in this article.