How to restart Ghost
You may need to restart the Ghost blogging platform from time to time. For example, if you install a new theme, you must restart Ghost for the changes to take effect.
The method you use to restart Ghost depends on whether you installed it manually from the command line or by using Softaculous.
Restarting Ghost through Softaculous
If you installed Ghost using Softaculous, you can restart it through the Softaculous interface. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel. In the Software/Services section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous. The Softaculous home page appears.
- In the icon list at the top right, click the icon (All Installations icon). The list of installed applications appears.
- Locate Ghost, and then click the icon (Edit Details icon).
- On the Edit Installation Details page, scroll down to the Node.js Service section.
- In the Choose action for Node.js service list box, select the action you want:
- To restart Node.js and Ghost, select Restart.
- To stop Node.js and Ghost entirely, select Stop.
- If Node.js and Ghost are not currently running, select Start to restart them.
Click . Softaculous runs the action you specified.
It may take a few minutes for Node.js to stop, start, and restart Ghost.
Restarting Ghost manually
If you installed Ghost manually from the command line, follow these steps to restart Ghost:
- Log in to your account using SSH.
- At the command prompt, type the following command:
This command stops Node and takes the Ghost site offline.
Change your current working directory to the directory where you installed Ghost (for example, cd ~/ghost), and then type the following command:
nohup npm start --production &
- Ghost should now be running and back online.
For more information about Ghost, please visit http://ghost.org.