How to enable SSL for PrestaShop
This article describes how to enable SSL for a PrestaShop site. As an e-commerce provider, you should use SSL to help protect customer data and transactions.
This article assumes that you already have a valid, functioning SSL certificate installed on your web site. If you do not have an SSL certificate for your site yet, please see our SSL certificate options
Enabling SSL for PrestaShop
To enable SSL for PrestaShop, follow these steps:
- Log in to PrestaShop as the administrator.
- On the left sidebar, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Next to Enable SSL, click Please click here to check if your shop supports HTTPS.
If the SSL test for your shop succeeds, the Enable SSL field displays YES and NO options, and the URL in the browser address bar starts with https://. Alternatively, if you receive a warning message (or any other type of error message) after the test, your site either does not have an SSL certificate installed, or it is configured incorrectly.
- To enable SSL for customer account logins and order processing, next to Enable SSL, click YES.
- To enable SSL for all of the pages on your PrestaShop site, next to Enable SSL on all pages, click YES.
. SSL is now enabled for PrestaShop.
After enabling SSL, you and your customers may receive browser warnings about insecure content. This occurs when a secure page loads embedded resources insecurely using http://
instead of https://
. (Custom themes are a common cause of this problem.) For information about how to resolve issues with insecure content, please see this article
To view the official documentation for PrestaShop's SSL options, please visit http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/General+Preferences.