How to update PrestaShop
This article describes two methods for updating a PrestaShop site.
You should update a PrestaShop installation frequently to ensure it is running the latest version. There are several reasons for this:
- Security: PrestaShop updates contain fixes that patch security vulnerabilities. One of the most important things you can do to maintain a more secure PrestaShop site is apply updates regularly.
- Stability: PrestaShop updates contain fixes that patch bugs and other issues. Your site is more stable when you apply the latest updates.
- New features: PrestaShop is continually improving, and by running the latest version, you have access to the latest features and functionality.
Use either of the following methods to update PrestaShop.
Method #1: Softaculous
If you used Softaculous to install PrestaShop, you can also use it to update PrestaShop. For information about how to do this, please see this article.
Method #2: Manual update
You can update PrestaShop manually through the administration interface. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to PrestaShop as the administrator.
- In the left sidebar, click Modules and Services.
- Under MODULES LIST, in the left pane click Administration.
- In the list of modules, locate the 1-Click Upgrade - AutoUpgrade module, and then click . The 1-Click Upgrade page appears.
- In the The pre-Upgrade checklist area, confirm that all indicators are green. PrestaShop cannot run the update until all indicators are green.
- Under Start your Upgrade, click . PrestaShop starts the update process.
- PrestaShop displays an Activity Log section that provides detailed information about the update in progress.
- Be patient—the update process can take several minutes.
- When PrestaShop completes the update, the Upgrade Complete! message appears.
For more information about PrestaShop updates, please visit http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Automatic+update.