How to install Blesta using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Blesta billing platform on your site using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. Blesta is the user and developer friendly client management, billing, and support application.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you are using Softaculous on a managed VPS, you must upgrade to Softaculous Premium to install this application. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
Set up the Domain
The domain name where Blesta will be installed must resolve in a web browser (even if the site has no content).
Install an SSL Certificate
During the installation process, Softaculous will check for a valid SSL certificate and will return an error if one is not found. Let’s Encrypt enables anyone to install a free, trusted SSL certificate on their website and benefit from the enhanced security an encrypted connection provides. Let's Encrypt is available on all of A2 Hosting's managed services. Other certificates may be installed that provide additional benefits such as Extended Validation, Warranty and Vetting.
To install Blesta using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type Blesta and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click E-Commerce, and then click Blesta.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box select https:// or select https://www. if the install should use the www subdomain.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the CRON Job text boxes, type the cron job intervals, or accept the default values.
Cron jobs are tasks that are scheduled to run automatically. If you are unsure of the values you should use, accept the default values.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.