How to install SVNManager using Softaculous
This article describes how to install SVNManager using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
You can have SVNManager up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
The following procedure assumes that you have already set up at least one Subversion repository in your account. If you have not done this yet, please see this article
for information about how to create a Subversion repository.
To install SVNManager using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type svnmanager and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Others, and then click SVNManager.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the htpassword Command text box, confirm that the value is set to /usr/bin/htpasswd.
- In the SVN Command text box, confirm that the value is set to /usr/bin/svn.
- In the Svnadmin Command text box, confirm that the value is set to /usr/bin/svnadmin.
- In the SVN Repository Location text box, type /home/username/repository, where username represents your account username, and repository represents the path to your repository.
Make sure there is not a trailing slash at the end of the path.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications Emails check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about SVNManager, please visit http://svnmanager.sourceforge.net.