How to install PHProjekt using Softaculous
This article describes how to install PHProjekt using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you are using Softaculous on a managed VPS, you must upgrade to Softaculous Premium to install this application. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
You can have PHProjekt up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install PHProjekt using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the Software/Services section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type phprojekt and then press ENTER.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Project Management, and then click PHProjekt.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Data Directory text box, type the directory where you want to store application data, or accept the default value.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
After you install PHProjekt, you may need to complete some additional configuration steps to access the application. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use a web browser to go to your PHProjekt installation at http://www.example.com/phproj. Replace example.com with your web site's domain name.
- If you receive an “Internal Server Error” message, you must use a custom php.ini file to disable the PHP magic quotes directive on your web site. For more information about how to do this, please see this article.
- Additionally, you must enable the pdo.so and pdo_mysql.so extensions in the custom php.ini file. Copy and paste the following text into your php.ini file:
- You should now see the PHProjekt login page when you go to http://www.example.com/phproj.
For more information about PHProjekt, please visit https://github.com/mayflower/PHProjekt
- Managing your applications
After you install an application using Softaculous, you can back up and restore it, do updates, and more. This article shows you how to manage your installed applications in Softaculous.