How to add new domains in Plesk
This article describes how to add a new domain in Plesk.
Adding a new domain
To add a new domain in Plesk, follow these steps:.
- Log in to Plesk.
- In the left sidebar, click Websites & Domains.
- Click :
The Adding New Domain Name page appears:
- In the Domain name text box, type the domain name for the site.
In the Hosting type list box, select one of the following options:
- Website hosting: This option enables you to host a website and e-mail services.
- Forwarding: This option enables you to redirect traffic from one site to another site. This option is useful if you want to send traffic to another site that is hosted on a different server.
- No hosting: This option enables you to host DNS and e-mail services, but not a website.
- Confirm that the Activate the DNS service and Activate the mail service check boxes are selected.
Under Hosting Settings, Plesk automatically completes the Document root and Preferred domain options. Confirm that they are set to the values you want.
- The document root is the directory where the website files are actually stored.
- The preferred domain option enables you to redirect a website. This is frequently used for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) purposes.
For more information about Plesk, please visit https://www.plesk.com.