How to manage WebHost Manager accounts
This article describes how to create, modify, and delete accounts in WebHost Manager.
This article assumes that you have set up at least one package. If you have not already done so, please see this article
Creating an account
After you have created a package in WebHost Manager, you can create an account. A new account includes:
- Web site functionality (in the public_html directory)
- FTP account
- SSH access (if it is enabled in the package)
You can use skeleton files to provide default content that is copied automatically to new accounts. For example, you can create a default index.html
file that is used for all new accounts. For information about how to do this, please see this article
To create an account, follow these steps:
- From the WebHost Manager home screen, click Account Functions, and then click Create a New Account.
- Under Domain Information, type the domain name in the Domain text box. For example, type example.com.
Do not add the www subdomain to the domain name.
- WebHost Manager fills in the Username text box automatically based on the domain name you provide.
- In the Password text box, type a password for the new account, and then confirm the password in the Re-type Password text box.
Alternatively, you can click
and WebHost Manager generates a random, strong password for you.
- In the Email text box, type the account owner's e-mail address. This e-mail address receives automatic cPanel notifications regarding the account, such as password reset information.
- Under Package, select a package to use, or select the Select Options Manually check box.
- Under DNS Settings, A2 Hosting recommends that you leave the SPF option checked. You should leave the DKIM option unchecked. You should also leave the nameserver option unchecked, unless you are sure that you want the domain to use the registrar's nameservers.
. When account creation is complete, WebHost Manager displays account configuration information.
Modifying an account
To modify an existing account in WebHost Manager, follow these steps:
- From the WebHost Manager home screen, click Account Functions, and then click Modify an Account.
- Select the account that you want to modify, and then click
- Make the changes to the account, and then click
Deleting (terminating) an account
To delete an existing account in WebHost Manager, follow these steps:
- From the WebHost Manager home screen, click Account Functions, and then click Terminate an Account.
- Select the account that you want to delete, and then click
to confirm the termination.
When you terminate an account, its data is completely and irreversibly removed from the server. Make sure that you save any account data you want to retain before you delete it.
Listing all accounts
To view a list of all of your accounts in WebHost Manager, follow these steps:
- From the WebHost Manager home screen, click Account Information, and then click List Accounts.
You can perform many common administrative tasks directly from the account list. To do this, click + to view expanded options. You can change an account's password, e-mail address, and more.
- Accessing WebHost Manager
Learn how to access WebHost Manager so you can manage your customer accounts.
- Managing WHM packages
Before you can create a customer account in WebHost Manager, you must first create a package. A package is a collection of predefined settings for an account. Learn how to set up packages in this article.