How to install Concrete using the A2 QuickInstaller
This article describes how to use the A2 QuickInstaller to install concrete5, commonly known just as Concrete, on your server.
The A2 QuickInstaller is no longer supported, and is only available on older VPS hosting packages. On newer VPS hosting packages, you can use Webuzo
to quickly and easily install a wide range of applications and manage your server.
To check if the A2 QuickInstaller supports this application for your Linux distribution, please see this article
To install Concrete, follow these steps:
- Use SSH to log in to your system as the root user.
To use the A2 QuickInstaller, you must log in as the root user using SSH. You cannot use the serial console in the VPS Control Panel to run the A2 QuickInstaller.
- To start the A2 QuickInstaller, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Under Application Installers, type the option number for CMS/CRM, and then press ENTER.
- On the CMS/CRM Menu, type the option number for Concrete, and then press ENTER. The A2 QuickInstaller updates your server, and then begins the installation process.
The installation process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- At the Please enter concrete database name prompt, type a name for the Concrete MySQL database, and then press ENTER.
- At the Please enter concrete database username prompt, type a username for the Concrete MySQL database, and then press ENTER.
- At the Please enter concrete database password prompt, type a password for the Concrete MySQL database user, and then press ENTER.
- When installation is complete, the A2 QuickInstaller provides configuration information about the Concrete installation.
Testing and configuring the Concrete installation
To test and configure the Concrete installation, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the following URL, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your server's IP address:
The Concrete installation page appears.
- Under Site Information, in the Name Your Site text box, type the name of your site.
- Under Administrator Information, in the Email Address text box, type the e-mail address of the site administrator.
- In the Password and Confirm Password text boxes, type the administrator password.
- Under Database Information, in the Server text box, type localhost.
- In the MySQL Username text box, type the database username that you provided in the previous procedure.
- In the MySQL Password text box, type the database password that you provided in the previous procedure.
- In the Database Name text box, type the database name that you provided in the previous procedure.
- Under Sample Content, click Sample Content with Blog or Empty Site.
- After installation is complete, click
to view your site.
To view the online documentation for Concrete, please visit http://www.concrete5.org/documentation.
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems in use today. Learn how to install it on your server using the A2 QuickInstaller here.
You can use the A2 QuickInstaller to install Drupal on your server.
Installing the Joomla content management system on your server is easy with the A2 QuickInstaller.
Elgg is an open-source social networking platform that you can install on your server using the A2 QuickInstaller.
You can use the A2 QuickInstaller to install the Zurmo customer relationship management system on your server.