How to install Zurmo using the A2 QuickInstaller
This article describes how to use the A2 QuickInstaller to install the Zurmo customer relationship management system on your server.
The A2 QuickInstaller is no longer supported, and is only available on older VPS hosting packages. On newer VPS hosting packages, you can use Webuzo
to quickly and easily install a wide range of applications and manage your server.
To check if the A2 QuickInstaller supports this application for your Linux distribution, please see this article
To install Zurmo, follow these steps:
- Use SSH to log in to your system as the root user.
To use the A2 QuickInstaller, you must log in as the root user using SSH. You cannot use the serial console in the VPS Control Panel to run the A2 QuickInstaller.
- To start the A2 QuickInstaller, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Under Application Installers, type the option number for CMS/CRM, and then press ENTER.
- On the CMS/CRM Menu, type the option number for Zurmo, and then press ENTER. The A2 QuickInstaller updates your server, and then begins the installation process.
The installation process takes some time to complete. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- At the Please enter Zurmo database name prompt, type a name for the Zurmo MySQL database, and then press ENTER.
- At the Please enter Zurmo database username prompt, type a username for the Zurmo MySQL database, and then press ENTER.
- At the Please enter Zurmo database password prompt, type a password for the Zurmo MySQL database user, and then press ENTER.
- When installation is complete, the A2 QuickInstaller provides configuration information about the Zurmo installation.
Testing and configuring the Zurmo installation
To test and configure the Zurmo installation, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the following URL, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx represents your server's IP address:
The Zurmo welcome page appears.
- Scroll down the system check page, and then click
- Confirm that the Database Hostname text box is set to localhost, and the Database Port text box is set to 3306.
- In the Database Name text box, type the database name that you provided in the previous procedure.
- Select the Remove Existing Data check box.
- In the Database Username text box, type the database username that you provided in the previous procedure.
- In the Database Password text box, type the database password that you provided in the previous procedure.
- In the Super User Password text box, type a password for the administrator.
- If you want to install sample data, select the Install Demo Data check box.
- Confirm that the Host Info text box is set to your server's domain name.
- To change the location where Zurmo is installed, type the URL in the Script Url text box.
. The installation begins.
- If you are installing sample data, click
when it appears.
- When the installation is complete, click
to go to the login page.
- In the Username text box, type super.
- In the Password text box, type the administrator password that you specified in step 9.
To view the online documentation for Zurmo, please visit http://zurmo.org/documentation.
WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems in use today. Learn how to install it on your server using the A2 QuickInstaller here.
You can use the A2 QuickInstaller to install Drupal on your server.
Installing the Joomla content management system on your server is easy with the A2 QuickInstaller.
Elgg is an open-source social networking platform that you can install on your server using the A2 QuickInstaller.
Concrete is an open-source content management system. Learn how to install and configure it on your server here.