Nuestra base de conocimientos sólo está disponible actualmente en inglés. Estamos en el proceso de traducir estas páginas y las publicaremos cuando estén disponibles.
How to install Ghost using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Ghost blogging platform using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you are using Softaculous on a managed VPS, you must upgrade to Softaculous Premium to install this application. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
Lite web hosting
accounts do not have enough memory to run the Softaculous installer for Ghost. If you want to install Ghost on a Lite web hosting account, you must install it manually. For information about how to do this, please see this article
You can have the Ghost blogging platform up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Ghost using Softaculous:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the Software/Services section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type ghost and then press ENTER.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Blogs, and then click Ghost.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- Confirm that the In Directory text box is blank.
Ghost must be installed in the document root directory (the public_html directory). You cannot install Ghost in a subdirectory. If you type a value in the In Directory text box, installation will fail.
- In the Data Directory text box, type the directory where you want to store application data, or accept the default value.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the CRON Job text boxes, type the cron job intervals, or accept the default values.
Cron jobs are tasks that are scheduled to run automatically. If you are unsure of the values you should use, accept the default values.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about Ghost, please visit http://ghost.org.
- Managing your applications
After you install an application using Softaculous, you can back up and restore it, do updates, and more. This article shows you how to manage your installed applications in Softaculous.
- Restarting Ghost
Some changes to the Ghost blogging platform, such as new theme installations, require a restart. Learn how to do this here.