At A2 Hosting, we take digital presence seriously. We provide shared web hosting, virtual private servers, and dedicated servers to our clients around the world. We've built the industry's leading customer service team and continue to do everything we can to offer faster service than our competitors.
Here’s how; we hire a great team to support our ongoing growth and train and develop our current Team Members.
We offer a level of service we would want to use ourselves! Because we never settle for just "good enough". We take our websites and web development seriously. It's been worth it though because we enjoy making our customers happy and helping them succeed. If it were easy, every hosting company would offer the same level of service. But they don't. The bottom line is that we love what we do and it shows.
Do you want to join us?
A2 Hosting, Inc., a premier high performance hosting company, provides shared web hosting, virtual private servers and dedicated servers to clients around the world. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for leading in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of the global system deployments across multiple datacenters. This position focuses on end-to-end solutions for diverse projects across the organization.
Working closely with a team of passionate professionals and leaders, the Senior Systems Engineer will be an integral part in ensuring that A2 Hosting is a leader in web hosting services.
This position is 100% remote.
This position is Monday - Friday, 9AM-5PM
Responsibilities for Senior Systems Engineer:
- Lead in the planning, design, development, implementation and execution of global deployments
- Build tools and solutions to automate large scale upgrades across thousands of machines utilizing Python or Bash
- Work alongside project management teams to report progress and implementation of various initiatives
- Write formal documentation on configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and infrastructure design
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive higher efficiency and performance
- Monitor and analyze results of implemented initiatives, making recommendations for improvement as necessary
- Act as a mentor and role model for other members of the Systems Engineering team by assisting with training, troubleshooting, and other developmental tasks
- Participate in the on-call rotation as scheduled
- Act as a cross-team/department point of contact for the Engineering team
- Research and stay up to date on latest technology trends and architectural concepts
- Perform related duties as assigned, within scope of practice, to ensure individual, team, and organizational success.
- A minimum of 8 years professional level Linux (CentOS/RHEL) engineering experience
- Automation/Scripting skills: bash and python-preferred
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and optimizing Linux file-systems
- Experience with central authentication systems (LDAP/FreeIPA)
- Ability to work on your own or as a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to meet deliverable objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, vendors, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
We invest in our Team Members and promote from within. We have extensive technical training that all Team Members receive when hired, this will aid in your success within your role. Here is more about what we offer:
- Subsidized health insurance; dental and vision coverage also available (for US Team Members)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth (for US Team Members)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of hours to be used for vacations, holidays and sick time
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance (for US Team Members only)
- The ability to work from home, this position is 100% remote
- This position is a remote position, you can live anywhere in the world as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- To the US applicants - we are licensed to do business in the following states: AR, AZ, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, MI, NC, OK, OR, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, VT, and WI.
If you'd like to apply to our team, please submit a resume. Apply