Are you a passionate Network Administrator, Architect or Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have laser focus to provide the best products and services that will ensure an awesome customer experience? Are you naturally curious and a team player? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
A2 Hosting is currently looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join the rest of the Networking, Infrastructure, and Systems Teams to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us at peak performance and reliability. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software, and network issues as well as take point on both implementation and R&D projects. As we are customer focused, this position will regularly be called on to investigate operational issues identified by our Support teams and provide short-term solutions balanced against long-term needs.
This role is open for applicants that can work within any of the four US time zones. This position is 100% remote and you can work anywhere in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a great team of helpful and like-minded people designing and implementing network architecture to improve existing infrastructure or build out new locations from the ground up.
- Learn new things and help determine the business value for new technologies and products.
- Maintain and improve service quality and reliability across our complex set of services.
- Share your knowledge and experience with team members across the organization to increase the strength and collaboration of our teams.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the Infrastructure, Systems, and Support teams.
- Investigate operational issues identified by our Monitoring or Support teams.
- Help the team establish and refine policies and processes to provide top-notch services and help the Support Organization provide a great customer experience.
- Standardize, optimize, and automate our infrastructure for maximum performance and stability.
- Document configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and platform designs.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Linux system-level network administration and troubleshooting
- Considerable professional experience in the design and implementation of datacenter networks, local and wide area, including everything from network hardware selection, to setting up multiple locations, designing Layer 1, 2 and 3 architectures, BGP and VPNs.
- Extensive experience with Cisco IOS/NXOS administration and implementation strongly preferred
- Experience in a webhosting or similar organization strongly preferred
- Comfort with the planning, design, and implementation of large-scale internal applications, such as automated provisioning systems, datacenter/inventory management, or some kind of web frontend to abstract network configuration
- Knowledge of the value in clear procedural and reference documentation and the ability to produce it
- Familiarity with configuration management systems, such as Ansible or Salt, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.