How to disable plugins in Elgg
This article describes how to disable all installed plugins for an Elgg site. You may need to do this if you experience application problems, or if Elgg displays a blank page that has no content. Disabling plugins allows you to access your Elgg site and troubleshoot the issue further.
Disabling plugins in Elgg
To disable all plugins in Elgg, create a file named disabled in Elgg's mod directory. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- In the Files section of the cPanel home screen, click File Manager.
- Navigate to the directory where Elgg is installed.
If you installed Elgg in the document root directory, then go to the public_html directory. If you installed Elgg in a subdirectory, navigate to that directory instead.
- Open the mod directory.
- On the top menu bar, click the New File icon. The New File dialog box appears.
- In the New File Name text box, type disabled.
- All plugins are now disabled, and you should be able to log in to Elgg.
Re-enabling plugins in Elgg
To re-enable plugins, delete (or rename) the disabled file. Plugins will again function normally.