How to log in and log out of cPanel
This article describes how to log in and log out of cPanel so you can manage your A2 Hosting web site.
Logging in to cPanel
There are two ways to log in to a cPanel account:
- Access cPanel directly.
- Access cPanel through the A2 Hosting Customer Portal.
Method #1: Access cPanel directly
To log in to cPanel directly, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, type the cPanel address for your web site. The address is either http://www.example.com:2082 or https://www.example.com:2083, where example.com is your domain name.
Alternatively, you can use the addresses http://cpanel.example.com or http://www.example.com/cpanel, where example.com represents your domain name.
In the Username text box, type your A2 Hosting account username.
If you do not know your cPanel username and password, you can view them in the A2 Hosting Customer Portal. For information about how to do this, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account password.
. When you enter the correct username and password, the cPanel home screen appears.
Method #2: Access cPanel through the A2 Hosting Customer Portal
To access cPanel through the Customer Portal, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
If you do not know how to log in to the Customer Portal, please see this article
- On the menu bar, click , and then click :
- Under My Products & Services, locate your hosting package, and then click .
- In the Actions sidebar, click . In a separate window, the Customer Portal automatically logs you in to your cPanel account.
Logging out of cPanel
You should log out whenever you have finished using cPanel, because this notifies the web server that you have finished your session. If you do not log out, the server automatically closes your session after a set period of time. However, there is a small possibility that an attacker could exploit the open connection before this automatic logout occurs.
To log out of cPanel, follow these steps:
- Click the Logout icon.
This icon has a different location and appearance depending upon the active cPanel theme. In most cPanel themes, the Logout icon is located in the top-right corner.
- cPanel Home Screen
Learn about the cPanel home screen, the information it displays, and how to use it to access features.
- Changing your cPanel password
Learn how to change your cPanel password. This password change also updates your MySQL, SSH, and primary FTP account password.
- Viewing and changing settings for shared hosting accounts
You can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view and change login settings for a shared hosting account. You can also do many common administrative tasks right from the Customer Portal interface.