How to install Roundcube using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Roundcube webmail application using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you are using Softaculous on a managed VPS, you must upgrade to Softaculous Premium to install this application. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
All cPanel accounts include the Roundcube webmail application by default. However, it is often a few versions behind the latest version. If there is a new Roundcube feature that you need, you can use Softaculous to install a newer version and run it yourself.
To determine which Roundcube version cPanel uses on your server, log in to your account using SSH, and then type the following command:
To install Roundcube using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the Software/Services section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type roundcube and then press ENTER.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Mails, and then click Roundcube.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
Because you must send account login information for a webmail application like Roundcube, you should only use SSL connections.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. The site name appears on the Roundcube login page.
- Under IMAP Settings, in the Server Address text box, type your domain name (for example, example.com).
Alternatively, you can use the server name for your account (for example, a2s78.a2hosting.com
). For information about how to determine the server name for your account, please see this article
- In the Connection Type list box, select SSL.
- In the IMAP Port text box, type 993.
- In the Select Language list box, select the default language for the application.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about Roundcube, please visit http://roundcube.net.
- Managing your applications
After you install an application using Softaculous, you can back up and restore it, do updates, and more. This article shows you how to manage your installed applications in Softaculous.