Is your website mobile ready? If not, you’re certainly behind the times according to a new report by eMarketer. They are reporting that 2015 will be the first year that mobile ad spending will surpass traditional desktop/laptop digital ad spending. eMarketer is speculating that digital ad spending on smartphones and tablets will increase to 50.1% of the total spend, up from 38% in 2014 and just 25% in 2013. They speculate that the trend will continue, with mobile ad spends raising to 77% of the total spend in 2018.
Even if your ad spend is in the $0 range, consider the fact that reports show the average American spends close to 3 hours per day on their phones searching social networks. It’s clear that ensuring your site is mobile ready is crucial.
Here’s a few quick tips that can help anyone with a website make their site more mobile friendly:
- Though it goes against what an SEO expert would suggest, keep your content to a minimum. Be judicious in the words you use!
- For businesses, make it as easy as possible to find your phone number, contact info and location. That’s likely what your mobile visitors are looking for.
- Consider using videos on your site as mobile visitors are much more likely to watch videos than a desktop visitor.
- Keep your forms short and sweet to make it easy to collect information from your visitors.
- Design a site that is completely accessible without the need to view via pinching.