How to order a cPanel license
This article describes how to order a cPanel license for a semi-managed VPS, cloud VPS, or dedicated server.
To order a cPanel license, you must know your server's IP address. Your server's IP address is listed in the Welcome e-mail message you received when you opened your account, and it is also available from the A2 Hosting Customer Portal at https://my.a2hosting.com
Ordering a cPanel license
To order a cPanel license for your server, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
If you do not know how to log in to the Customer Portal, please see this article
- On the menu bar, click and then click :
- In the Categories sidebar, click Additional Services.
Select the appropriate cPanel license type for your server:
- If you have a semi-managed or cloud VPS, click cPanel VPS License.
- If you have a Flex Dedicated Server, click cPanel Dedicated License.
- On the Configure page, select the billing cycle that you want.
- In the IP text box, type your server's IP address.
- Click Review & Checkout page appears.. The
- Click Checkout page appears.. The
- Under Payment Details, select the payment method that you want to use.
- Select the I have read and agree to the Terms of Service check box.
- Click . After the order is processed and payment is received, A2 Hosting sets up the cPanel license automatically for your IP address.
You can now install cPanel on your server. For step-by-step instructions about how to install cPanel, please visit http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/InstallationGuide/WebHome.
When you install cPanel on your server, the cPanel installation process should detect your new license automatically. If it does not, proceed to the Troubleshooting
If the cPanel installation process does not detect your new license, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the URL http://verify.cpanel.net:
- Type your server's IP address in the text box, and then click
- If the license status is not listed as active, please open a support ticket with our Guru Crew at https://my.a2hosting.com. Otherwise, if the license status is listed as active, proceed to step 2 below.
- Log in to your server using SSH.
At the command prompt, type the following command as the root user, and then press Enter:
- cPanel checks the IP address. If you receive an error message, please open a support ticket with our Guru Crew at https://my.a2hosting.com.
For general information about cPanel, please visit http://cpanel.net.