Synchronizing local clients with webmail calendars and contacts
This article describes how to connect your local clients to webmail calendars and contacts using CalDAV and CardDAV.
Apple clients provide native support for CalDAV and CardDAV. CalDAV and CardDAV plugins are available for Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird. Installable CalDAV and CardDAV apps are availble for Android phones.
Step 1: Get the configuration
Before you can set up a local client, you need to get information to configure your client. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log into your webmail account at http://www.example.com:2096, where example.com is your domain name.
- On the top menu bar, click the name of the account to show the [email protected]:
menu. In the following image, the account name is
Select from the preferences and settings menu:
cPanel displays the information you need to auto-configure a local client for server access:
cPanel settings also include direct URLs which may be used if the auto-configuration fails.
Step 2: Set up local client
After you have obtained the server configuration information, you are ready to set up your local or mobile clients. Each client will have its own unique interface but the information required will be the same. Settings are shown below for the Microsoft Outlook CalDAV Synchronizer Plugin.
- Enter the required information in the server information settings
- In the DAV URL text box, enter the Server URL or Alternate Server URL from step 4 above.
- In the Username text box, enter your full email address.
- in the Password text box, enter your email password.
- in the Email address text box, enter your full email address.
- Click the button to get a list of the available calendars and contact lists. Select the desired calendar or contact list and click . In this client it is necessary to repeat the process for each calendar or contact list you want to add. Other clients may work differently.
- If the auto-configuration does not work, enter the full URL for a calendar or contact from the Secure SSL/TLS URLs shown in step 5 above and click the settings button.