How to publish your web site with Microsoft FrontPage
This article describes how to publish a web site created in Microsoft FrontPage to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using FrontPage, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server.
Publishing a website with Microsoft FrontPage to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in FrontPage, you can use FTP to publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account.
FrontPage extensions are proprietary and only work with Microsoft IIS (Internet Information Server). A2 Hosting servers do not support FrontPage extensions.
To publish a FrontPage site to an A2 Hosting server, follow these steps:
- Start FrontPage and open your web site project.
- On the menu, click . The Remote Web Site Properties dialog box appears.
- Under Remote Web server type, click FTP.
- In the Remote Web site location text box, type ftp://ftp.example.com, replacing example.com with your own domain name.
- In the FTP directory text box, type public_html.
The public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your web site's document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory instead, then add it to the end of the path.
- Select the Use Passive FTP check box.
- Click OK. FrontPage asks for your username and password.
- In the Name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
- Click OK. FrontPage displays files on your local computer and on the remote web server.
- Under Publish all changed pages, click Local to remote.
- Click Publish Web site. After FrontPage finishes uploading the files to your A2 Hosting account, you can view them in any web browser.