How to publish your web site with NetObjects Fusion
This article describes how to publish a web site created in NetObjects Fusion to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created a web site using NetObjects Fusion, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting web server. For general information about how to use NetObjects Fusion to create a web site, please visit http://netobjects.com/html/documentation.html
Publishing a NetObjects Fusion web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a web site in NetObjects Fusion, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start NetObjects Fusion, and then open your web site project.
- On the main toolbar, click the Publish icon.
- On the menu, click .
Alternatively, you can click the Publish Settings icon on the main toolbar.
- Click New Profile.
- Click Remote, and then click OK.
- In the Profile Name text box, type a name for the FTP connection. The name can be anything you want.
- Under Remote, in the FTP Host text box, type your domain name. For example, type example.com.
- In the Directory text box, type public_html.
To make your web pages visible to the public, the pages must be in the public_html directory or a subdirectory beneath it.
- In the User name text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account (cPanel) password.
- Click Advanced publish settings.
- On the File Naming tab, confirm that the Home page file name list box is set to Index.
- Confirm that the File extension for HTML pages list box is set to .html.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Publish Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Publish Settings dialog box.
- On the menu, click .
Alternatively, you can click the Publish Site icon on the main toolbar.
- Under Save location, in the Publish files to list box, select the profile name you specified in step 6.
- Under Pages to publish, confirm that the list box is set to Entire Site.
- Click Publish. NetObjects Fusion uploads your web site files to the A2 Hosting server.
- When the File Transfer is Complete message appears, click OK. You can now view the web site in your web browser.
For more information about NetObjects Fusion, please visit http://netobjects.com.