How to import an application into Softaculous
This article describes how to import an application into Softaculous.
Importing an application
Softaculous enables you to import an existing application (for example, an application you installed manually). After you import an application, you can use Softaculous to do the following:
- Manage and automate updates for the site.
- Do site backups.
- Clone the site.
To run the import process, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- Open Softaculous:
- If you are using the Jupiter theme, on the Tools page, in the Softaculous Apps Installer section, click Softaculous Apps Installer (or any of the icons under Scripts or Categories).
- If you are using the Paper Lantern theme, in the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer (or any of the icons under Scripts or Categories).
- In the Search text box, type the name of the application you want to import, and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane in the left sidebar. To do this, select an application category (for example, Blogs), and then select an application (for example, WordPress).
- Click Import. The Import Software page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain where the application is installed.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where the application is installed.
If you installed the application in the document root directory, leave the In Directory text box blank.
- Click Import. After Softaculous imports the application, you receive the following message:
Congratulations, the software was imported successfully
- You can now manage the application as if you had installed it using Softaculous. For information about how to manage applications in Softaculous, please see this article.