How to install InfiniteWP using Softaculous
This article describes how to install InfiniteWP using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. InfiniteWP enables you to manage multiple WordPress sites from one convenient interface.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
You can have InfiniteWP up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install InfiniteWP using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- Open Softaculous:
- If you are using the Jupiter theme, on the Tools page, in the Softaculous Apps Installer section, click Softaculous Apps Installer (or any of the icons under Scripts or Categories).
- If you are using the Paper Lantern theme, in the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer (or any of the icons under Scripts or Categories).
- In the Search text box, type infinitewp and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Others, and then click InfiniteWP.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the CRON Job text boxes, type the cron job intervals, or accept the default values.
Cron jobs are tasks that are scheduled to run automatically. If you are unsure of the values you should use, accept the default values.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications Emails check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about InfiniteWP, please visit https://infinitewp.com.