How to install CMSimple using Softaculous
This article describes how to install CMSimple using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. CMSimple is a lightweight content management system that stores data in files, removing the need to create or configure a database.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
You can get a CMSimple site up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install CMSimple using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type cmsimple and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Portals/CMS, and then click CMSimple.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications Emails check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about CMSimple, please visit http://www.cmsimple.org.