How to install Grav using Softaculous
This article describes how to install Grav using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. Grav is a lightweight content management system that stores data in files, removing the need to create or configure a database.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
You can get a Grav site up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Grav using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- Open Softaculous:
- If you are using the Jupiter theme, on the Tools page, in the Softaculous Apps Installer section, click Softaculous Apps Installer (or any of the icons under Scripts or Categories).
- If you are using the Paper Lantern theme, in the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer (or any of the icons under Scripts or Categories).
- In the Search text box, type grav and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Portals/CMS, and then click Grav.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- In the First Name text box, type the administrator's first name, or accept the default value.
- In the Last Name text box, type the administrator's last name, or accept the default value.
- In the Real Name text box, type the display name for the administrator.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications Emails check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To automatically update the application when updates are available, select the Auto Upgrade check box.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click Install. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about Grav, please visit https://getgrav.org.