How to set up Microsoft Outlook for Professional and Pro Plus Email Hosting accounts
This article demonstrates how to set up the Microsoft Outlook e-mail client application to access a Professional or Pro Plus Email Hosting account.
How to set up Outlook
To configure Microsoft Outlook to work with your Professional or Pro Plus Email Hosting account, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Account Information page appears.
menu, click . The
- Click Add New Account dialog box appears.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click .
- Select Internet E-mail, and then click .
- Under User Information, in the Your Name text box, type the name that you want to appear on messages you send.
- In the E-mail Address text box, type the e-mail address of the account you created in cPanel.
- Under Server Information, in the Account Type list box, select IMAP.
- In the Incoming mail server text box, type imap.titan.email.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text box, type smtp.titan.email.
- Under Login Information, in the User Name text box, type the full e-mail address of the Professional or Pro Plus Email Hosting account you created.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the e-mail account.
- If you do not want to retype the account password every time you start Outlook, select the Remember password check box.
Remember that if you change the password for an e-mail account, you must also specify the new account password in Outlook.
- Select the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then use the following settings:
- In the Incoming server (IMAP) text box, type 993, and then in the Use the following type of encrypted connection list box, select SSL.
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box, type 465, and then in the Use the following type of encrypted connection list box, select SSL.
- Click .
- In the Add New Account dialog box, confirm the Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button check box is selected, and then click . Outlook tests your incoming and outgoing mail settings. If the tests complete successfully, go to the next step. Otherwise, check the settings you provided in steps 6 to 19, and then try again.
, and then click . Outlook downloads the messages in the account.
For more information about Microsoft Outlook configuration for Professional and Pro Plus Email Hosting accounts, please visit https://support.titan.email/hc/en-us/articles/900001311526-Configure-Titan-Mail-on-Outlook.