How to set up Microsoft Outlook for Professional and Pro Plus Email Hosting accounts
This article demonstrates how to set up the Microsoft Outlook e-mail client application to access a Professional or Pro Plus Email Hosting account.
How to set up Outlook
To configure Microsoft Outlook to work with your Professional or Pro Plus Email Hosting account, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook.
- On the menu, click . The Account Information page appears.
- Click Add Account. The Add New Account dialog box appears.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
- Under User Information, in the Your Name text box, type the name that you want to appear on messages you send.
- In the E-mail Address text box, type the e-mail address of the account you created in cPanel.
- Under Server Information, in the Account Type list box, select IMAP.
- In the Incoming mail server text box, type imap.titan.email.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text box, type smtp.titan.email.
- Under Login Information, in the User Name text box, type the full e-mail address of the Professional or Pro Plus Email Hosting account you created.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the e-mail account.
- If you do not want to retype the account password every time you start Outlook, select the Remember password check box.
Remember that if you change the password for an e-mail account, you must also specify the new account password in Outlook.
- Select the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then use the following settings:
- In the Incoming server (IMAP) text box, type 993, and then in the Use the following type of encrypted connection list box, select SSL.
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box, type 465, and then in the Use the following type of encrypted connection list box, select SSL.
- Click OK.
- In the Add New Account dialog box, confirm the Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button check box is selected, and then click Next. Outlook tests your incoming and outgoing mail settings. If the tests complete successfully, go to the next step. Otherwise, check the settings you provided in steps 6 to 19, and then try again.
- Click Close, and then click Finish. Outlook downloads the messages in the account.
For more information about Microsoft Outlook configuration for Professional and Pro Plus Email Hosting accounts, please visit https://support.titan.email/hc/en-us/articles/900001311526-Configure-Titan-Mail-on-Outlook.