How to order a managed VPS
This article shows how to order a managed VPS from A2 Hosting. Unlike unmanaged VPS packages, managed VPS packages provide an administrative environment similar to shared hosting plans. For example, with a managed VPS you can use cPanel to administer your web site.
For more information about the differences between unmanaged and managed VPS hosting, please see this article
Ordering a managed VPS
To order a managed VPS from A2 Hosting, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, go to https://www.a2hosting.com/.
- On the top banner, click VPS HOSTING, and then click MANAGED VPS.
, or select the package that you want.
- Select a domain option:
- To register a new domain name with A2 Hosting, click Register a new domain.
- To transfer your domain from another registrar, click Transfer your domain from another registrar.
- To use an existing domain name that you already own, click I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers.
- Click Configure page appears.. The
- In the Choose Billing Cycle list box, select the billing cycle that you want.
- Under Upgrade Your Hosting, you can choose to upgrade your plan to a Turbo server.
- In the cPanel Account Limit list box, select the account limit best for you.
- In the Server Options list box, select the storage type and server location for the VPS.
- In the Number of IPs list box, select the number of additional IPs for the VPS.
- Access Level allows you to select what level of access you would like and gives you the option to select root access (however, this is not recommended.)
- In the Operating System list box, select the operating system that you want to install on the VPS.
- Under SSL Certificates select the SSL certificate option that works best for your needs.
- Under Additional Options, in the cPanel Username text box, type a username. You will use this username to log in to cPanel.
- In the cPanel Password text box, type a password for the cPanel user. You will use this password to log in to cPanel.
- In the Auto-Install Application list box, you can select an application for automatic installation on the VPS. Otherwise, leave the Auto-Install Application list box set to None.
- Click Review & Checkout page appears.. The
- Click Checkout page appears.. The
- Under Payment Details, select the payment method that you want to use.
- Select the I have read and agree to the Terms of Service check box.
- Click VPS Quick Start Guide.
. After the order is processed, you receive an e-mail message from A2 Hosting that contains further instructions about how to set up and access your new VPS. In the meantime, you may want to browse the