How to order a managed VPS
This article shows how to order a managed VPS from A2 Hosting. Unlike unmanaged VPS packages, managed VPS packages provide an administrative environment similar to shared hosting plans. For example, with a managed VPS you can use cPanel to administer your web site.
For more information about the differences between unmanaged and managed VPS hosting, please see this article
Ordering a managed VPS
To order a managed VPS from A2 Hosting, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, go to https://www.a2hosting.com/.
- On the top banner, click Hosting, and then click VPS Hosting.
- Select the package that you want.
- Select a domain option:
- To use an existing domain name that you already own, click Use my own domain.
- To register a new domain name with A2 Hosting, click Register a new domain.
- To transfer your domain from another registrar, click Transfer your domain to A2 Hosting and manage it all in one place.
- The Configure page appears. In the Billing Cycle list box, select the billing cycle that you want.
- Under Upgrade Your Hosting, select if you want to add an SSL certificate or Turbo.
Under Customize Your Hosting, select the features that you want for your VPS:
- In the cPanel Accounts list box, select how many cPanel accounts you want for the VPS.
- In the Server Options list box, select the server location for your VPS.
- In the Number of IPs list box, select the number of additional IPs for the VPS.
- In the Access Level list box, select standard or root level access.
Under Additional Options, specify the following options for your VPS:
- Click Continue. The Review & Checkout page appears.
- Click Checkout. The Checkout page appears. If you have an A2 Hosting account and are logged in, the personal and billing information appears automatically. Otherwise, complete the fields.
- Under Payment Details, select the payment method that you want to use.
- Select the I have read and agree to the Terms of Service check box.
- Click Complete Order. After the order is processed, you receive an e-mail message from A2 Hosting that contains further instructions about how to set up and access your new VPS. In the meantime, you may want to browse the VPS Quick Start Guide.