How to order a managed VPS
This article shows how to order a managed VPS from A2 Hosting. Unlike unmanaged VPS packages, managed VPS packages provide an administrative environment similar to shared hosting plans. For example, with a managed VPS you can use cPanel to administer your web site.
For more information about the differences between unmanaged and managed VPS hosting, please see this article
Ordering a managed VPS
To order a managed VPS from A2 Hosting, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, go to https://www.a2hosting.com/.
- On the top banner, click Hosting, and then click VPS Hosting.
- Select the package that you want.
- Select a domain option:
- To use an existing domain name that you already own, click Use my own domain.
- To register a new domain name with A2 Hosting, click Register a new domain.
- To transfer your domain from another registrar, click Transfer your domain to A2 Hosting and manage it all in one place.
- The Configure page appears. In the Billing Cycle list box, select the billing cycle that you want.
- Under Upgrade Your Hosting, select if you want to add an SSL certificate or Turbo.
Under Customize Your Hosting, select the features that you want for your VPS:
- In the cPanel Accounts list box, select how many cPanel accounts you want for the VPS.
- In the Server Options list box, select the server location for your VPS.
- In the Number of IPs list box, select the number of additional IPs for the VPS.
- In the Access Level list box, select standard or root level access.
Under Additional Options, specify the following options for your VPS:
- Click Review & Checkout page appears.. The
- Click Checkout page appears. If you have an A2 Hosting account and are logged in, the personal and billing information appears automatically. Otherwise, complete the fields.. The
- Under Payment Details, select the payment method that you want to use.
- Select the I have read and agree to the Terms of Service check box.
- Click VPS Quick Start Guide.
. After the order is processed, you receive an e-mail message from A2 Hosting that contains further instructions about how to set up and access your new VPS. In the meantime, you may want to browse the