How to install FlatPress
This article describes how to install the FlatPress blogging engine. FlatPress runs solely on PHP, and does not use a SQL-driven database. This design simplifies website administration and configuration.
FlatPress is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install FlatPress:
- Download the FlatPress installation file at http://flatpress.org/home/?page=download to your computer.
- Use FTP to upload the installation file to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account. For information about how to access your account using FTP, please see this article.
- Log in to your account using SSH. For information about how to access your account using SSH, please see this article.
- Extract the application files. To do this, type the following commands:
tar xvjf flatpress-1.0-solenne.tar.bz2
The exact filename may differ slightly, depending on the version you downloaded.
- Use your web browser to go to http://www.example.com/flatpress, where example.com represents your domain name.
- On the Welcome to FlatPress page, click .
- On the Create user page, type a username and password in the Username and Password text boxes.
- In the Home Page text box, type the URL for the blog's main page.
- In the E-Mail text box, type the e-mail address for the site administrator.
- Click Done page appears. You can click the links to view the blog's main page, log in, and more.
For more information about FlatPress, please visit http://flatpress.org.