How to install phpLD manually
This article describes how to manually install phpLD (PHP Link Directory) on your A2 Hosting account. phpLD helps you promote and organize your website by organizing content into categories.
phpLD is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts, and the installation process is straightforward.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install phpLD manually, follow these steps:
- Download the phpLD installation .zip file to your local computer.
phpLD offers an (older) free version and a (newer) pay version.
- Extract the .zip file on your computer.
- Use FTP to upload the contents of the extracted phpLD directory to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account.
This step assumes that you want to install phpLD in your account's document root directory. If you want to install phpLD in a subdirectory, upload the files to the subdirectory instead.
- Create a MySQL database and database user for phpLD. You will need this information later during the installation process.
- If your account includes cPanel, please see this article for information about how to create a MySQL database and user.
- If your account does not include cPanel, you can create a MySQL database and user from the command line. For information about how to do this, please see this article.
Use your web browser to go to the phpLD installation URL. The Install page appears.
If you uploaded the phpLD files to the document root directory, the installation URL is your domain name (for example, http://www.example.com). If you uploaded the phpLD files to a subdirectory, add the subdirectory's name to the URL.
- In the Language list box, select the language you want to use for the phpLD interface, and then click .
- The phpLD installer tests your account to ensure it meets installation requirements. Click .
On the Database Settings page, complete the following fields:
- In the Database Server text box, type localhost.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database you created in step 4.
- In the Username text box, type the name of the database user you created in step 4.
- In the Password text box, type the password of the database user you created in step 4.
- Click Next.
On the Administrative User page, complete the following fields:
- In the Username text box, type a username for the administrator.
- In the Name text box, type a name for the administrator. The name is used in the “From” heading of e-mails.
- In the Password and Confirm Password text boxes, type a password for the administrator.
- In the Email text box, type the administrator's e-mail address.
- Click Next.
- On the Installation Finished page, you can use the provided administration login URL to log in to phpLD.
For more information about phpLD, please visit https://www.phplinkdirectory.com.